During the day on Saturday, John and I and his brother Tyler and sister in law Kristi left our kids with John's parents Lee and Aneta and we headed to LA to see the NHL KINGS vs COYOTES hockey game. Anyone who knows John and Tyler know they love the Kings. As for me, and I am sure Kristi too, I just go for the fun of it. Last time we went, I was star struck by Larry David, creator of Seinfield, and another actor on a show called Standing Still (don't know his name) sitting very close to us. This time I didn't see any celebrity fans, but we did see Wayne Gretzky, the head couch of the Phoenix Coyotes. Here is his picture. We were across the way from him so it is kind of hard to see. He is the one with the suit on standing behind the players.

Oh, and Kristi did see some girl that plays on Friday Night Lights as we were leaving. I am not familiar with that show though. Here are two pictures of John's man-crushes, Anze Kopitar(#11) and Jack Johnson (#3). I was hoping it was the singer Jack Johnson but no.

John and I after the game

Tyler and Kristi

After the game, we had dinner at the famous Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. It is a "soul food" hole-in-the-wall place. We literally had fried chicken and waffles. I never thought that combination would go together, but it was very delicious. Definitely a place to try at least once.

Thanks Aneta and Lee for taking all 3 boys! We had a great time!
9 comments:
I LOVE when grandparents spend time with the grandkids (without the parents). I have always wanted to go to Roscoe's but never have been with the right company to do it :)
ooh that place sounds super yummy...you guys will have to show us sometime...maybe after a dodger game???
Chicken and waffles? Sounds interesting!!! LOL!! I'm glad you were all able to have a fun night! Sans kids, too!!! I used to teach at the school that Wayne Gretsky's children attended. His two oldest boys look JUST like him!!!
We were seriously like the only white people in there. I think there are like 5 locations, all LA county based. Too bad they are so far away.
Abby, I sure the guys will already be too full after all the Dodger dogs they will be eating!
Camille, where did you work at? I remember hearing him do some fundraiser for his kids school, but I couldn't remember where. Somewhere in Westlake?
Yeah, it's in Westlake. The school is called Carden Conejo. Quite a few celebrity children attend there. Heather Locklear's daughter was in the classroom next to mine, I had Lenny Dykstra's son in my class one year, Wayne Gretsky's sons, Michael London's granddaughter's (one of them was in my class too), etc. It is great school! If I had the money, I would love to have my children attend a Carden school!
I am sure that you had a few celebrities with it being in Westlake. Sounds like fun! Did you ever meet any of the parents at Back- to-School nights?
WHAT!!! You saw those Seinfield people, I am way jealous, we LOVE Seinfield in this house, way cool.
WOW!! All the celebrity sigtings! No one ever comes to Utah except to ski and go to Sundance and I've still never seen a celebrity! I don't think I would even be able to tell if they were famous or not anyway.
Hi Kelly! Blogger has been acting really wierd for me the last couple of weeks and I posted a comment replying to your comment but I'm not sure you got it so I am trying again. Anyway, its so good to hear from you! I love this blog thing...finding long lost friends is fun (and keeping in touch). Of course you can add me as a friend (and I will do the same). Yeah, we are in Murrieta so not too far from you guys. Do you think you will ever make the move to Utah like the rest of your fam? Ha! Well I'm excited to keep in touch with you...you were always my favorite and coolest "older" friend (you were so nice to let me and Lindsey tag along with you back in the day).
Post a Comment