Brody was helping my mom water the grass and plants. He LOVES spray bottles and sprayed any and everything. It was a great way to keep him busy.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Family Roadtrip 2008
Right after our weekend getaway to Santa Barbara, we packed up again and drove to Utah for a week. We brought Brody with us this time and, unexpectedly, had an amazing drive both ways and we made great time. It probably had a little to do with leaving at 3am, but it is just so great to have your kid sleep half the drive. Big thanks to John for driving while both Brody and I slept. Here are some of the fun activities we did during the week.

Brody also loves to put on our shoes. He has gotten really good at walking with them too. Very impressive especially when they are John's size 13's.
We went down to Provo to watch a little bit of BYU football practice. Here the kids are playing with my dad on the field after practice ended. 
Brody was a little intimidated of all the players, so he wouldn't pose with my brother Dennis. Instead, all you are going to get is a shot of Dennis' helmet.
One day we took the kids to the Kangaroo bounce house. I thought for sure Brody would love it. All he does all day is jump around and off of things in our house. Well, he fell asleep on our way there and after waking up in the huge warehouse, there was no way he wanted to go on anything.
John finally just took him up one of the big slides and let him go down by himself.
I love his reaction after. Poor guy!
Brooklyn had a hard time too.
After a while they both started to like it and then they were having a great time. 


I love these pictures. So sweet!
I hope this means he is nice to his baby sister.
Of course we had to go to a BYU football game while we were there. Actually that was the reason for the trip since we wouldn't be able to see one this season. We were there for the Wyoming game. Super hot + boring game + 7 months pregnant woman = left the game at the 4th quarter. I couldn't take it anymore, plus we had to go get the kids from the babysitter. I will say, though, that it is so much fun being in the BYU stands. The crowd is just so fun! That and John and I both ran into people we knew (my favorite thing ever!). At this game, Ty Detmer carried the alumni flag. You can't really see him, but I still thought it was worth posting.
Trying to get a shot of #32 in action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would be intimated by all the football players too. And waking up in a bouncy place would scare anyone. Spending time with family is great and "squeezing in" a football is fun too.
So much fun stuff. Brody will look back and wish he had gotten some pics with the football players, to bad.
How fun, I love trips back to Utah. I love running into old friends too. Glad your posting again!
Looks like fun! I can imagine the Wyoming game not being too fun with only a month or so to go before you have your baby! BTW is Brody's hair going blonde?
Post a Comment