The first week in December, I took Piper in for her one year doctor's appointment. I am happy to announce she is right on track and staying steady on her normal growth curve. She is still my skinny mini. Here are her stats:Height: 30 1/4 inches (80 %)
Weight: 21 lbs 10 oz (54%)
The toddler stage has begun too. She has to follow me everywhere and is mostly found in the kitchen playing with the fridge magnets or under my feet wanting to be picked up while I am in there cooking. She is a much bigger whiner and so much clingier than Brody was. I hear that really doesn't change with girls. Great.
But above all, she is still our sweet little baby girl who LOVES to cuddle and give kisses. She will give you little smooches right on the lips if you just ask. It is so cute! I wouldn't trade that for the world! She loves her big brother too and is always trying to play with him. They usually play great together and for that I am grateful.Other things to note:
-Piper still has trouble saying "Mama", but she has no problem with "Daddy" and will say it whenever he enters the room. I don't mind, since I know she can't living without me. I still feel loved. She also has her various sounds that to us sound like really words. Whenever she points at things, she says "dis" or "dat" and whenever she sees Brody it is always, "Dee". She is also into copying some words we say and I swear she says "BYU" whenever Brody is chanting it.
-She loves to talk on the phone and will really use anything as one. She will pretend she is talking to John and says, "Hi Daddy!" everytime.
-She is much more into girlie things and loves to hold her little Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck figures and new baby dolls.
-She is a good eater and likes most things I put in front of her, but is already becoming more picky and opinionated. She will close her mouth shut and shake her head from side to side when she doesn't want something or when she is not ready for it. She is a huge lover of Cheerios, much more than Brody was, so they are stashed in my diaper bag in times of need.
-She is great at screaming when she wants something or you to pay attention to her. Can't wait till that one ends.
-She refuses to keep any bows or flowers in her hair for very long unless she is distracted and then you can get about a good 10 mins out of her before she realizes it is there and rips it out.
-Piper stands really well without assistance, but refuses to make walking her primary mode of transportation. She has recently gotten to 10 steps without falling. She loves to walk with us holding one of her hands or her walker and has gotten really fast. I think she is so close to getting there though. I guess she is just a cautious little girl. Not a bad thing.
-Church is a little harder these days and she will scream when we don't let her crawl into the aisles. We have had to pull her out much more than before.
-She is a great smiler and loves to laugh. Brody loves to entertain her too and I often hear them laughing in the car while driving. It is a wonderful thing to hear.
We can't imagine a world without Piper in our family. She is a wonderful little girl and we are so lucky to have her.
-Piper still has trouble saying "Mama", but she has no problem with "Daddy" and will say it whenever he enters the room. I don't mind, since I know she can't living without me. I still feel loved. She also has her various sounds that to us sound like really words. Whenever she points at things, she says "dis" or "dat" and whenever she sees Brody it is always, "Dee". She is also into copying some words we say and I swear she says "BYU" whenever Brody is chanting it.
-She loves to talk on the phone and will really use anything as one. She will pretend she is talking to John and says, "Hi Daddy!" everytime.
-She is much more into girlie things and loves to hold her little Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck figures and new baby dolls.
-She is a good eater and likes most things I put in front of her, but is already becoming more picky and opinionated. She will close her mouth shut and shake her head from side to side when she doesn't want something or when she is not ready for it. She is a huge lover of Cheerios, much more than Brody was, so they are stashed in my diaper bag in times of need.
-She is great at screaming when she wants something or you to pay attention to her. Can't wait till that one ends.
-She refuses to keep any bows or flowers in her hair for very long unless she is distracted and then you can get about a good 10 mins out of her before she realizes it is there and rips it out.
-Piper stands really well without assistance, but refuses to make walking her primary mode of transportation. She has recently gotten to 10 steps without falling. She loves to walk with us holding one of her hands or her walker and has gotten really fast. I think she is so close to getting there though. I guess she is just a cautious little girl. Not a bad thing.
-Church is a little harder these days and she will scream when we don't let her crawl into the aisles. We have had to pull her out much more than before.
-She is a great smiler and loves to laugh. Brody loves to entertain her too and I often hear them laughing in the car while driving. It is a wonderful thing to hear.
We can't imagine a world without Piper in our family. She is a wonderful little girl and we are so lucky to have her.
2 comments:
She is such a cute girl, Kelly!! Sounds like she is going to be tall like her Mama!!!
What a sweet post about your little girl! :D
Post a Comment