In the beginning of December (I know, I am way behind on my blog), John finally got to enjoy his birthday gift. He wanted tickets to a Kings game and a night away from the kids. So, that weekend finally had finally arrived and we dropped the kids off at Lee and Aneta's to enjoy 24 hours of fun and freedom. We first stopped for dinner on our way back home at PF Chang's in Chino Hills. That was the best tasting dinner we had ever had there. Maybe it was because we hadn't been in a while or just the excitement of the weekend, but it was so delicious. After dinner, we went to my favorite store, Nordstrom Rack, and had a great time shopping. We both found shoes we needed. I had been looking for new flats and wanted some boots too, while John desperately needed new church/work shoes. We were very happy to find it all. Then, we went grocery shopping and walked around the store while reminiscing about the times we would go together late at night before we had kids and being able to actually think while we were in there. After all our shopping was done, we came home and watched "Crazy, Stupid, Love". It was good, I guess, but probably wouldn't see it again.
The next morning, we woke up, well rested, got ready, grabbed some breakfast at our favorite bagel place, Bruegger's, and drove up to LA for the game. We had amazing seats, 2 rows back and right behind the away team, the Canadiens. It was pretty awesome.
Excited for the game to start!
It was fun being right behind the players even though I had no idea who they all were. The only bad thing was that the coaches stand up behind the players and sometimes the view was blocked.
Here is John's favorite player, Anze Kopitar.
Kopitar #11 and Dustin Penner #25
Some other favorites, Drew Doughty and Jack Johnson.
Here's some more pictures from the game.
Justin Williams
Michael Cammalleri used to be on the Kings, but is now on the Canadiens. At least we got to sit behind one Kings player, even if he's not on the team anymore.
Don't be thinking that I know everything about the Kings because I absolutely do not. I get all this from John and I go to the games because I like professional sports and am a very supportive wife. I also love to look for star sightings at these games. This time John spotted one as we walked around after the 2nd period was over. It was the guitarist from Bad Religion. I had no idea who he was, but John was pretty excited and stopped to take his picture. The guys didn't seem to care and even smiled for it. That was pretty cool.
The game was fun, but the Kings ended up losing. That was a bummer. After the game, we had to head back and pick the kids up. We made it back late because of traffic, so we decided to stick around and tag along to the Grandparents' ward Christmas party. We saw a lot of family and friends and actually ate good food. Very glad we stayed. :) Huge thanks to the Grandma and Grandpa Brown for the weekend away! It was perfect and just what we needed!
1 comment:
Haha!! We do the same thing..reminiscing about life before kids!! But...I wouldn't have it any other way : ) Your kids are so cute! I love the pictures you took at the beach of them!! They are both getting so big!!
Post a Comment