Friday, August 17, 2007

Brody's 1st B-day

Brody turned one years old last week. Yay! I can't believe how grown up he is! (spoken like a true first time mom:)) Since his birthday was during the week, we had a little party with just John and I that evening. We had hamburgers for dinner and cupcakes for desert. He seemed to really like the cupcake. He went right for the frosting and threw the cake part on the floor. Sorry no pictures! We were only using our video camera. But here is a picture of Brody with his piano we got him. He absolutely loves it. Maybe that means that we will actually have a piano player in the house someday.

That weekend, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house for an awesome swim party and BBQ. I made chocolate and mint chip ice cream cake for everyone. Yummy!
Brody gets so excited when the garbage truck comes around, so it was awesome when he got this from Uncle Tyler and Aunt Kristi. It looks just like our real one at home. I think Brody's cousin Adam was more excited though than he was at first. But now he loves it.

Brody had tons of fun following Adam around in the fruit trees and picking some off. He was also running around after him when he was pulling the wagon around the backyard. He loves playing with him. It is just too bad that we don't live closer so they can play more often.

4 comments:

Kierstin said...

Welcome to the blogging world. It is so much fun and these are the first pictures I've seen of Brody since his new born pictures. What a knock-out.! I think he looks a lot like you but with John's coloring. Wish we could have gotten together before we left LA!! We're going to the BYU vs. UCLA game though. I am sure that you guys will be there to see you brother the star tight-end!! Maybe we'll run into each other.

Kelly said...

Hey Kierstin!
We will definitely be there at the game. We will be with my parents, but I have no idea where we will be sitting yet. If you know your seat# let me know so maybe I can stop by. As for my brother, we hope he plays. I guess they still haven't decided anything. Either way it will still be tons of fun! Oh and if you want to see more of our pictures check out our link that says "family albums" to the left. That is what everyone says about Brody looking like us.

Missy said...

I can't believe he's already 1! Last I saw was his 3 month old pictures or something. And he's walking and everything! My girls were such late walkers! Glad you've joined the wonderful world of blogging!

Unknown said...

He is sooooo cute!!! And so grown up! I can't believe you have a one year old already1