BYU vs UCLA
See, I told you that it is been forever since I posted. This game was the beginning of Sept. Man, I am such a slacker! Anyway, John, Brody and I were planning on driving up to the game at the Rose Bowl. The day started out to be really great. My dad stayed with us the night before, we all went to breakfast that morning and Brody was happy. We put Brody down for a nap and then my dad left to pick up my mom at the airport. We were planning on all meeting at the game. This is where things started downhill. We left to0 late for the game, sat in traffic forever because of a bad accident on the 5 freeway, Brody cried way too many times, I had to go to the bathroom twice, John got mad at me for having to go to the bathroom twice, the game already started and BYU was losing, we were still in traffic on the 134, 2nd quarter started and BYU still losing, got the parking of the Rose Bowl and realized that I forgot my ID to get my Will Call ticket that Denny left for us, walked about 2 miles to get to the stadium, John just had surgery on his toe the week before so he couldn't walk fast, we finally get to the stadium and begged to get me in with tears building up in my eyes, BYU down 0-17. I changed my attitude from horrible to ok and that's when things started looking up. The ladies at the Will Call very nice, Brody won them over with his cuteness, we found something in John's wallet with my name on it, and they let us through. We found my parents, saw my old friend Kierstin, saw some other people I knew, saw all of my family, BYU came out of there losing streak and almost won the game. John said I just needed a little more faith. I guess he was right. Sometimes I don't like when he is right. Here is a picture of Brody with His Uncle Denny (#32) after the game. Denny had a great game that day. We were sorry we missed half of it!
Utah Trip
Brody and I flew to Utah to visit my parents just for a few days toward the end of September. My Grandmother Boyd was in town from Florida so we came up to really see her and the rest of the family. We had a great time, but it seemed too short! Brody enjoyed playing with his cousin Brooklyn. She seemed a little bugged when he was hording in on all of her toys. This is a cute picture of the both of them.

It looks like Brody was trying to kiss her, but I really think he was trying to wrestle her!
Cute little Brooklyn!
Great Grandmother Boyd holding Brody.
Bath time!
I wasn't able to stay for the BYU vs Air Force game that week, but we did manage to go to some of their practices. I met my old roommates Krystal and Missy and her husband Shawn one afternoon at the field. We had to be pretty sneaky considering they only allow family in. We had tons of fun chatting it up, while Shawn was supper excited about watching the players. Great day! Thanks ladies! 
Brody and I flew to Utah to visit my parents just for a few days toward the end of September. My Grandmother Boyd was in town from Florida so we came up to really see her and the rest of the family. We had a great time, but it seemed too short! Brody enjoyed playing with his cousin Brooklyn. She seemed a little bugged when he was hording in on all of her toys. This is a cute picture of the both of them.
6 comments:
I've seen longer blogs than that! Sounds like it all turned out ok in the end.
Glad to see some more stuff from ya! Is your Primary Program over? Ours is this coming Sunday!! Yikes!!!
Well, I wasn't done with the pictures, there is definitely more. I just didn't have time to finish today or tonight, but hopefully tomorrow. And our program is in 2 weeks. I feel better about it since Sunday's practice went really well and we still have 2 practices to go. You will do really good,I know it!
That was an EXCITING game! I wish we had been sitting near each other, Brody does like me a lot. I am looking forward to the San Diego State game in a couple weeks.
I forgot to tell you today that Denny played well on Saturday.
We had fun at the game too and I'm glad Kierstin and you could see each other. Your bro is a stud! I'm just glad we have him for two more years after this year! He'll be one of the best TEs BYU has ever had...
Holy shnikeys! I CANNOT believe that is your brother! Denny is so grown up! So, I haven't seen him in years, I know, but still!
Oh,I am sure you haven't seen him Michelle since he was probably the same height as me. Ya he is huge now, towers over me. It is really weird when you hear commentary about your own brother. You think "what Denny? He plays that good?" Anyway just weird!
Karin, hopefully we can see each other at the game and then you can entertain Brody for us or at least your boys :) I am not looking forward to that part :(
Jason, thanks for the support! I am sure he will end up improving. Hopefully you guys are getting enough sleep over there with that new baby!
Post a Comment