Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow!

Well, Brody and I just got back from a great trip in Utah to visit my family. It was beautiful with clear skies the day we arrived and the day we left. Everything in between was cloudy, stormy, snowy, and windy. I thought it would be good exercise to shovel my parents driveway with almost a foot of snow that the storm the night before dumped. Oh and it was! A total body work out that left me achy all over. Now, I know why they invented snow blowers, or whatever they are called. One more reason that I really don't want to live in the snow.

So , here are some highlights from our trip:

1. Seeing the reaction of Brody's face when he reunites with his 9 month old cousin Brooklyn. At times, he wasn't too sure about her following him everywhere and playing with what he thought were his toys.


2. All of my family going to church with my parents (minus John, but he was missed dearly!) Denny graced us with his presence right before the meeting started looking a little hung over from fatigue. Their church starts at 1 o'clock mind you!

3. Having my friends Missy and Krystal brave it through the fierce storm to come see me. We had a great time hanging out and catching up. Thanks you guys!

4.Hanging out at Lindsey's house and then to driving to Provo to watch the football and Rugby teams practice. I have to say the Rugby team definitely had a harder workout. They had to pick up their players on their shoulders like a 2x4 and then do squats. Pretty amazing! I think Brody had the most fun trying to run on the field and practice with them. He was also practicing his throwing. Here is a great video. Although, for some reason, I was having trouble commentating.

5. Walking down Main St in Park City after finding a spot at a meter for a buck right on the street instead of paying $20 in the lot the street over.

6. Walking down Main St during the Sundance Film Feastival and seeing my only star sighting, but cool nonetheless, William H. Macy! I heard him speak and everything before he was escorted into a restaurant/lounge right in from of me.

7. Having the kids be great (until the very end) while we shopped at the outlets endlessly. It was the best day to go. Park City was beautiful with clear skies and no people shopping.

8. Brody's first reaction to snow with bare hands. Loving it one second and then screaming the next. I was able to capture the better reaction.
9. Going to Cabela's


10. Running into my friend Crissy at Walmart who I haven't seen in forever! I love running into people I know!

11. Brody's first experience playing in the snow with gloves on. He had so much fun in my parent's backyard that he did not want to come inside. He especially loved jumping and falling into the powder. We also didn't have any children's gloves ,so his fingers look at tad bit long.
12. Having my friend Natalie come over to visit. We had so much fun and could have talked forever.

13. Eating Cafe Rio. So yummy!

14. And having a nice, relaxing time with my family.

9 comments:

Abby said...

Brody is so cute all bundled up.....It really makes me want to take the boys to the snow!!! Glad you guys had fun!!!

karin said...

I am glad you had fun- I am NOT jealous of the snow but going to Cafe Rio and seeing friends and family, I am jealous.

Darci said...

So much fun, Brody looks like he loved the snow and the whole trip looks like you enjoyed being with your family.

Missy said...

Glad you had fun despite all the snow! It was really great hanging out with you and Krystal!! I wish you lived closer!!
Can you believe I haven't even been to Cabela's I'm a looser!
Shawn would've loved to go to another football practice! Looks like fun!

DarbyM said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Those two cousin kiddos are just too, too cute!

Allen Family said...

Fun fun fun! Brody is so cute and total boy. I love it. It was sooo good to see pictures and video of your family, especially your mom. I miss her. I remember mornings at your house after seminary and before school and her just sitting with us at the breakfast table while we ate. She was so fun to talk to. She reminds me a lot of my mom so I love it! Your mom and dad seem like they are having a blast being grandparents. What a fun trip! And it amazes me everytime I see pictures of Denny. Where did your little scrawny brother go?

kristib said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time! I would love to take my boys to play in the snow. You got some great pictures. Glad you're home safe.

Michelle said...

Kelly, he is so cute! I totally love the way he runs in the first video. Glad you guys had a fun trip! :)

Unknown said...

It was soo fun to see you! And the roads to your mom's house were treacherous!