Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Turning 30 and Valentine's Day

Having my birthday in the busiest month of my CPA husband's year doesn't usually make for a rockin' time. I always feel so bad for John because he tries so hard to plan and do nice things for me in any free time that he has (which is very little). So, needless to say, we didn't do a whole lot for my big 30, which was exactly what I wanted. After being in the hospital earlier that week, we were all tired and still recovering from being sick. It was such a nice relaxing day thanks to my great friends and family My friend Abby came and picked up Brody to play with her boys so Piper and I could get some rest, which was wonderful! And later that night another friend came by and brought us dinner We finished off the evening with a little cake. It was such a nice day that I barely even thought about entering another decade of my life. It is still weird to think about that I am as old as I am, but it surprisingly doesn't bother me (at least not yet).

I didn't take any pictures of myself (not on purpose), but I took tons of the kids. Piper was all smiles. She looked so cute!


Brody looking cute with chocolate everywhere.
Valentine's Day was a great day too. John and I actually planned on celebrating both my B-day and V-day on Saturday during the day to avoid the crowds. We took Piper with us, left Brody with our babysitter, and went to lunch/dinner at the Clubhouse by South Coast Plaza. The food was delicious and Piper slept the whole time. It was so perfect and we both really needed an uninterrupted conversation together. After dinner, instead of going to a movie and having Piper be in close quarters with tons of people, we decided to just walk around the mall. We both couldn't believe it, but the mall was so crowded. You would have never known that there was such a bad economic crisis by the look of things. We took one loop around, went in a few stores, and then went home. All the while Piper, continued to sleep. After going home, we just hung out with the kids.

I tried to do my own Valentine's photo shoot with the kids dressed in their cute Valentines red. Here are some of the good shots.

Piper was all smiles and was laughing like crazy with John. She loves John and lights up anytime he is in the room or comes home from work.

2 comments:

Darci said...

So cute!!! Brody looks so grown up in the pics with Piper.

Michelle said...

LOVE those last 2 pics of Piper! She just looks so in love with her Daddy! So sweet!
And Savannah has that same green dress with the blue polka dots.
Cute kiddo's! Happy late birthday, by the way! Turning 30 kinda hit me hard. I just try and not think about it.