Tuesday, August 4, 2009

S'more Fun

Last week, the kids and I went up one last time to John's parents house while the cousins were here. We wanted to see John's sister Meredith's family before they drove back home. The kids had so much fun. They especially loved playing with Papa's helicopter and taking turns flying it. Brody was so excited.

Since Brody is in love with the waterslide now, we put a life jacket on him so I didn't have to catch him the 100-plus times we went down. I thought the life jacket might impede his swimming progress, but it actually forced him to use his arms and learn to tread water. Once he took his off, he was still swimming like he had it on and not really swimming to well. With a little practice, he is now stronger and faster than before. I think it also gave him more confidence and less fear. Now he is a swimming machine!

Piper and Brooke
Exploring the water.
This little girl is obsessed with water! She LOVES splashing and getting it all over her face. You could hear her squealing with excitement.

We ended the night with a bonfire and s'mores. They were a hit. All the kids (Ethan, Adam, Brooke, Preston, Brody) and Papa waiting for s'mores to start and admire the fire.
Brody was very fascinated with the fire.
Since this was Brody's first s'more experience, he didn't understand the fun of roasting his marshmallows and was very impatient. After literally a second of cooking his "marmars", he was done and wanted his s'more. He enjoyed every minute of eating it though.
What a cute sticky face you have!Piper enjoying all the fun from her seat.
Thanks everyone for all the fun times! We had a great time with all the family here over the past month. Can't wait for our next Brown family reunion!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a hoot! I wish I could have been there for the fun!