Monday, February 8, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve day was pretty low key. John had to go into work for an inventory count he was supervising and I had to make pies for Christmas day. I made an apple and key lime pie. My two favorite kind of pies. Sadly, I only have a picture of the apple as I was making it. They turned out really good though and even may have been my best so far. Everyone seemed to love them. The recipe for a good pie is a great recipe, time, and love. When you have all those, you can't go wrong.
As always, kids seem to be under my feet whenever I am trying to cook. She was just too cute, so I took a few pictures before I kicked her out of the kitchen.Once John got home from work and I was done with my pies, we drove up to John's parents house for Christmas Eve dinner. Great Grandma and Grandpa Brown where there along with Tyler and Kristi and their kids. Lee and Aneta invited friends from their ward also which made it fun. The traditional menu of the Brown's Christmas Eve is always BBQ hamburgers, potato salad, beans, and various other things that go with and banana splits for dessert. The great American meal and it is always a hit. Here are the kids at their table, minus Brody, having fun.Brody was on the rocking chair sulking because his usual seat was taken due to guests. We arrived a little late and he did not have time to warm up to it all. Love this picture, it is SO Brody.
After dinner and dessert, we had a little Christmas program where the kids were able to dress up and act out the parts. This was the first year we had done it, since the kids had been a little young before. It turned out really well, so I am sure we'll make it a tradition. Here is our Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus.Here is Papa with his 3 shepherds/ wisemen. They were very excited.Grandma Brown was our pianist for the night, while Papa Brown read the story of Jesus' birth.Piper was a little wiggly to be the baby Jesus, so she just watched from the sidelines.It was a great night. Much more to come.

3 comments:

karin said...

Now I want homemade pies. My older boys have gotten better about giving me my space in the kitchen but sometimes everyone HAS to be in there. A couple years ago we had the boys be sheep since they couldn't quite figure out how to stand still to be wise men. We joked around that they were roaming sheep.

Missy said...

That pie looks awesome! You've always been a great cook. :)
It looks like you had a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog with nice picture of cutie pie enjoying the Christmas celebration. Like the header image of your blog and your family. Ihampers.co.uk