Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Christmas Day at the (Grandparent) Brown House

Once we opened all of our gifts, ate a yummy breakfast and got ready, we drove up to John's parents' house to enjoy the rest of the day. All the kids were so excited to open more gifts.
Well, all the kids except Piper. She still did not know what to do with the presents. Passing the gifts out.Piper was a little nervous about all the excitement and was on the verge of tears.Once she opened her first gift, she warmed up pretty quickly. She LOVED her baby bottles from Grandma and was dying for me to open them.
She even tried to use them herself, but mostly she just loves to hold them. She loves to pretend she is feeding her babies too. Brody wants me to point out that he got a dinosaur book that he loves.
Yeah!Brody says his Buzz shirt is "my favorite shirt!". He says most things are his "favorite" and it changes daily. It is definitely his favorite word now days. John gave the okay for this shirt. I am not really a fan of character clothes, but I am warming up. He does look cute in it though.Playdough! I have a love/hate relationship with playdough. It gets us through hard or rainy days, but I am a Nazi when it comes to it. I have a hard time when the colors mix and when little pieces get all over, so therefore I hover over Brody the whole time he plays. Brody loves it so much that I have to hide it just so he doesn't ask everyday. I know, I really should just relax a little more.Police car! This kid still loves any and all cars and lays on the ground driving them around.
Baby Lucas was having a great time exploring all the new toys.
And Piper loved playing with Grandma.I even got some nice Pampered Chef tools to help me in the kitchen.Brody's big gift from Grandma and Papa was a scooter. He loved it as you can see.
Great Grandma and Grandpa opening all their gifts.
Grandma and Papa got some new toys for Christmas for when the grandkids come over. The boys had SO much fun. It took a bit before Brody had the hang of driving them. They will be a definite hit around reunion time with the kids.
It was a wonderful Christmas this year being able to see both sides of the family. We are already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Mere said...

You're not alone with being uptight about Playdoh. I'm the same way. "No mixing colors!" "It's all over the floor!" "Don't leave the lids off - it will dry!" I hide ours in the closet and only get it out once in a blue moon.