Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes, you read it right. I realize that it is the new year now, but I am still trying to catch up from the year before. Bear with me, it is a new years goal to get my blog done quickly and stay up to date. So, back in the end of Nov. on Thanksgiving. . . . . . .

We went up to John's parents house to celebrate with the family. Lee and Aneta have, in the past, gone to the Midwest to spend the holiday with the rest of the Brown kids, but this year they stayed here with us. John's brother Tyler and family stayed in town also to celebrate with us. We had a great day and stuffed ourselves full of delicious dishes.

Before Tyler's family arrived, Piper got to open her birthday gift from Grandma and Grandpa Brown.
Oh what could it be?
A new bike!
The kids also couldn't wait until dinner to dig into Grandma's famous rolls. I don't blame them!
Almost ready for dinner. It looks great Aneta!
The kids table. Brody refused to look at the camera for some reason.Gotcha Brody! You can't run away from me.After dinner and some serious relaxing for us and playtime for the kids, it was time for desert. I did the pies this year, sorry no picture, and while most of them looked and tasted great, I had a few mishaps. We almost lost the pumpkin to a tumble and I accidentally overcooked my "reheating" of the apple pie, causing it to look less than perfect and much more runny then usual. Oh well, I can redeem myself next year.

Grandma had gotten these amazing cupcakes for the kids since it was Piper's birthday. The pink one was hers, while the boys all got their favorite color, blue. They are definitely not worthy of being called a "kid cupcake" though, as the kids would not appreciate their absolute goodness. I have had these before and I would say, hands down, they are the best cupcakes I have ever had.
After dessert, Piper got to open her present from Tyler and Kristi and the boys. She had many helpers wanting to know just what was in that bag.Oooh! A pretty pink purse book!What else could there be?A lady bug book just for me.One happy girl!We were so thankful that we could spend this day with some of our family and enjoy reflecting on how lucky we are and how much we really have. I am so thankful that I have a wonderful family with two beautiful good children, and an amazing husband that thinks the world of me and all of us. We were so blessed to have a home to live in and job that John enjoys and allows me to be home and close to my kids. We feel so blessed to have all of you as friends that help inspire, encourage, and bless our lives. It had been a great year and on to new adventures next year!

1 comment:

Charise said...

Ok, seriously! Where did you get the "best ever" cupcakes? I need to know. I love a great cupcake!
Miss you,
Charise