On Jan 26th, and just shy of 4 1/2 years old, Brody learned, in one hour, to ride a bike without training wheels! All it took was borrowing the neighborhood kid's little bike to learn on. We have lot of boys in our neighborhood, some younger than him, and they all knew how to ride without training wheels. The boys were fast and always doing tricks. So, Brody was pretty determined to learn. Once he tried out the little bike, it didn't take long at all. Now he is a pro trying to do tricks on his much bigger bike. He is obsessed with his bike and has to be outside riding almost everyday rain or shine. We are so proud of you Brody, great job!We also had a little fun inside in January. Piper got a dress up Tutu and flower headband from Grandpa Brown for Christmas. She loves to dress up and feel like a princess.
Other things that happened in January:
I got curtains for my sliding glass window! I love them so much! It was quite a challenge putting them up and after a lot of frustration and fighting, John and I finally got them up.
I got curtains for my sliding glass window! I love them so much! It was quite a challenge putting them up and after a lot of frustration and fighting, John and I finally got them up.
- We also spoke in Sacrament meeting in our new ward at church. I talked on Simplifying our Lives taken from President Uchtdorf's talk, 'Of Things That Matter Most' (amazing talk!) and John spoke on Personal Revelation. We had two really amazing and long youth talks before us and then a musical number by the Relief Society before I spoke and when I finished, John only had 5 minutes left. He managed to shorten his beautifully and still hit the major points and stories of his talk. All seemed to really like it, so that was good. I also didn't have any mess ups, like fainting or lightheadedness, like the last time. When we were asked to talk, John nicely told the bishopric member that I have a problem with fainting. (Thanks John) He pretty much scared him and was very concerned for me. I had to ease his fears and tell him I would be fine and that it was only one time, but he still seemed concerned. John sat with the kids while I was speaking and said, as I was talking, I kind of switched my weight and stumbled on my words for a minute. The bishopric member sharply turned to look at John, worried that it was going to happen that moment. John was dying inside at his reaction. We also had our home teachers watching my every movement as John was so kind to let them know too. It is all a big joke now, but yet still a real fear. It is over now and we can relax for awhile! It never felt better :)
2 comments:
I think your kids are adorable. I remember learning how to ride a bike and it took me a lot longer than that! :) Love the curtains too btw.
Okay, I don't think I ever heard the fainting story...but, what you wrote about your recent talk and the Bishoprics reaction is hilarious!!!!! I definitely want to hear that story!!!! LOL!!!!
Post a Comment