Sunday, September 4, 2011

Discovery Science Center

The beginning of the month, we went with my sister-in-law, Kristi, and the kids to the Discovery Science Center. Brody had gone with John before, but I had never been, so I was pretty excited about it. We got there when it opened in the morning, along with a ton of other school groups, so it was a bit crowded at first. The kids ran around trying to experience everything at once; they were that excited.
Piper liked the sea life area and touching the seaweed.What is that mommy?Who's that behind all those bubbles?Brody tried out the rock climbing wall and did pretty well.
Piper playing with the cool water station.Kristi and I tried out the bed of nails. It actually wasn't that bad, I could feel it more on my calves and feet and it left little dots there too. I guess it is just one more thing I can say I did. :)Playing with all the rocks is fun to do.Right Piper?Then we sat in the earthquake simulator and the kids had a blast there. It was kind of a weak shaking, but still fun.

Outside was the dinosaur exhibit and the kids loved running around and learning about dinosaurs.
Oh no, it's T-REX!!!Finding the dinosaur bones kept all of them busy for a while.Then we went inside and they practiced their baseball throwing skills. . . And the awesome hockey exhibit.Almost like a real hockey player. Daddy would be so proud.Adam showed off his hockey skills in the simulator. That was pretty awesome that you could practice hitting the pucks into the goal. Brody tried too, but he had a harder time since he has never used a real hockey stick before.They had a real life Zamboni to sit on. That was a hit with everyone.After the hockey exhibit, we learned about planets, among other things. My kids loved seeing the 4D planet exhibit and to see what each planets looks like. It was pretty awesome. It must have really made an impression on Brody because he came home telling John all about it and can still point out what Saturn looks like. You would never have know he was actually listening since, at this point, he was almost in tears that his stomach hurt (hunger pains) and was exhausted (waking up too early). We left shortly after that for lunch and to head home.

It was a very fun time, though, so thanks Kristi for the invite!


No comments: