Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Little Girl's Dream Come True

In the beginning of November, Piper and I enjoyed a fun day at Disneyland together.  I wanted to take her one last time with me before she turned 3 and while she was still free.  John came home early from work, picked Brody up from school for me, and helped him with his homework.  All the while, Piper and I rode lots of rides, met many princesses, and ate yummy food.  It was the best Mommy/Daughter date!
Pretty in Pink!
Of course, we had to meet Rapunzel again.
Piper was still very shy, but she loved every minute of it.
We stood in a very long line at the Princess Academy to meet the princesses there.  Piper fell asleep just before it was our turn to go in.  I luckily got her up and she was ready and excited.  We first met Snow White, but Piper was too scared to get too close.  Snow White was so nice, so she felt a little bit more comfortable.
Next up was Jasmine and Aladdin.  As we waited for our turn, she says to me, "I don't want to meet Aladdin".  She was pretty scared of him, so we only talked to Jasmine for a bit.  We didn't get a great shot of all of us together.  My battery decided to die just as we were talking to her.

Lastly, we met Tiana from the Princess and the Frog.  I luckily was able to quickly pop in my other charged battery to get some shots of Piper with Tiana.  Piper, still shy, surprisingly walked right up and went to give her a hug.  She was a very nice princess and Piper wouldn't let go of her.  It was too cute. :)
The merry-go-round is still one of Piper's favorites.
Once we met everyone and went on everything we wanted to at Disneyland, we walked over to California Adventure.  Piper wouldn't leave without going on the Ariel ride and Toy Story, but we also tried out something new.  We met Russell from the movie Up, which was really fun.  Piper was in awe since she loves that movie.  The whole area around is like an outdoor camp.  There were a lot of things that Brody would have loved to do like a zip line and lots of things to climb on.  They were all little bit too old for Piper, so we didn't try any of those.
We ended up spending the whole day there, which I didn't expect to do.  We also shared a corn dog together.  My favorite food in the park.  I hadn't had one in a long time, so it was a nice treat and kind of like a last hurrah for a long while.  So sad!  It was a wonderful day, though, and I am really glad that Piper got to meet some princesses while they are her favorite thing right now.  So looking forward to the many more fun times we can share together!

No comments: