Monday, November 21, 2011

School Fundraisers

Since school is new to us, I have been learning about the amount of fundraisers that are held, which seems to be many.  I guess they all happen in the Fall mostly, so that isn't too bad.  We participated in a few so far and had lots of fun.  Back in October, his school held a family lunch on the field with the In N Out truck.  Parents brought chairs and blankets and met the kids on the field.  The food was delicious, of course, so I am sure that was incentive for people to participate and it was pretty packed.  We sat with friends from church and Brody felt pretty special that daddy was able to be there too. 
Brody also participated in his school's Jog-A-Thon.  They held it on Halloween, which I thought was a pretty smart idea.  Brody got a monster shirt to wear for the event from asking Mom and Dad and the grandparents for money to sponsor him. 
Before the kindergarteners started running, they warmed up with some fun stretches and silly dance moves to the song Monster Mash.
Moving like a mummy to the Monster Mash song.  Anytime the song came on while running, the kids would stop and start acting like mummys/zombies.  Here is the school mascot, the Hawk, keeping the energy and excitement alive.
Now he is embarrassed we were watching him.
Here is Brody at the start of the race running hard (his head is just below the balloons).  He ran with friends, Thalia and Elijah.
Slowing down a bit.
Forget it, I'm done running.
Way to go Brody!  John surprised Brody by showing up to see him run.  We thought he would be excited when he saw him while running, but he totally dissed John instead.  Man, he is already embarrassed by us!  Here is the only acknowledgement John got after the run.
Playing it cool and hanging with friends.
The kids all got oranges and water to drink after.
Then they headed over to see their class poster.  The kids loved their having their faces cut out and made as spiders.  I tried to get a picture of Brody's, but the kids were covering it.  His is in the bottom left corner.
First try at a class picture.  I had a to take a few others, since the child on the far left wouldn't stop smiling with an orange in his mouth.  Whose child is that anyway? :)
 
Awe, here is one, ready for the yearbook.



No comments: