Dennis and Mataya came into town the beginning of March for the annual celebrity golf tournament in which he participates. We were able to spend an evening with all of us together and with a surprise visit from someone special. Lindsey and Brandon made the drive down that night to join us for dinner. We all met up at the Spectrum and walked and played around while waiting for Denny and Taya to show up. The kids were so excited to see their cousins and Brody was his usual goofball self.
Always hamming it up for the camera.
Now there's a nice one.
They loved playing on the turtles.
We went to Wood Ranch for dinner and Denny and Taya, as well as their good friends, Joe and Dana, joined us. It was great to have all of us siblings and families together. We had a fun time chatting it up and trying to control the kids, who were out of control with excitement. Lindsey and Brandon announced that they were due for #3 sometime around October. Yay for another cousin! It was just an all-around great night. I love this picture of Denny, Taya, and the kids. Piper's face cracks me up. It's like she's making sure uncle Denny doesn't get any closer to her. Brody's just excited to be sitting next to one of his favorite uncles.
John and I were playing it cool, but also pretty excited to meet Joe and Dana for the first time. Joe is the quarterback for the Raven's. Brody got a hold of the camera and tried to get some shots for us. It's not too clear, but it works. Maybe when we go to Baltimore this Fall we'll get our picture with them. By then they'll have one more member added to their family. Great job Brody!
This is another great picture Brody took. This kid looks pretty happy that some random kid is taking his picture. So funny!
After dinner, we walked around, browsing the shops, picking up a few things along the way, and letting the kids play around the fountains. Brody wasn't shy at all and definitely having fun this night. If you know him, he loves to wrestle, punch mens' stomachs, buns, whatever. It's a real problem. So, Brody had fun with his uncles, and even punched Joe a few times (so embarrassing!). Joe was nice about it and picked him up and pretended to throw him in the fountain. I wish I got a picture of it, but it was just too dark. I mean how many 5-year olds can say they punched and almost got thrown into a pool by an NFL quarterback!
We made our way into Nordstrom so I could get Piper some new shoes. I wanted to get her Toms because the Vans are just not cute this season for girls and they are same price. She picked out some pink sparkly ones, just as I suspected she would. Here she is showing them off.
She was quite timid showing them off to everyone. You could tell, though, she was so excited inside.
We parted ways with everyone shortly after. I didn't think of it until later, but I really wished I got a picture of Brody with Joe and Denny. Maybe next time. We are planning our trip to MD/DC/NY right now and are so excited. John and I are taking our first long trip since the kids were born and staying a whole week back east. All the fun starts the end of Sept! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment