Pasta (esp, stroganoff, mac n cheese), broccoli, peas, corn, sweet potatoes, squash, spinach (favorite veggie of all), tuna, peanut butter/ jelly or honey sandwiches, rice (even wild or brown), all kinds of breads, taco meat (I give him a bowl of it and he loves it), ground beef, cheese, bananas, raisins, peaches, pears, applesauce, fries.
Refuses to eat: potatoes (baked or mashed), fresh fruit that isn’t soft,
Loves all kinds of balls, his hockey stick and puck (he could play for hours throwing balls and playing hockey with John and me), cars, trains, pianos (any kind and if he spots one he runs to it and starts banging) and also his tent and tunnel.
Funny Things He Does:
He loves to take John's electric razor and shave. It is so funny to see him imitate. He also loves our electric toothbrushes too and has to hold on the the end while we are brushing our teeth.
He thinks it is funny to turn the light off and on while I'm in the shower. By the way, who thought up the idea to have the toilet room light switch near the vanity and not right by the toilet? I never knew the reason and have always hated it.
He is very stubborn and determined. He has to get it right the first time and, if he can't figure it out, he will usually get mad and throw it, but will always come back and keep trying until he is successful. John always says he gets that from me, but we all know that that is from him.
He is very social. He likes and goes to all people. He especially loves his babysitters. He could care less if we were going to leave as long as he is happy and playing. That makes it really easy for us.
The most important thing I love about this age: NURSERY!!! This is a picture of him on his official 1st day of nursery. I say official because he has really been in there since before Christmas at 161/2 months. He loved it from the first day he walked in there and never looked back. We could have never made it if it wasn't for my dear friend Karin, who was our nursery leader and allowed him to come early. Huge props to her for making our Sundays easier!
He is so lovable. He loves to cuddle and give big hugs and kisses. I love his laugh and how he just jabbers all day long about whatever in the world he is talking about (usually only he understands it). He is definitely so fun to be around and I am lucky that we can hang out everyday together.
9 comments:
Okay, you are the cutest mom EVER! Now I feel like a slacker mom and need to do a fabulous post like this about my boys.
And I definitely need to get back to Nursery in a couple months (could you make that happen?), I miss it more now than I thought I would. Brody is a natural in Nursery (Abby knows what I am talking about).
Great entry. I was bummed I didn't get to spend more time with you guys the last time I was in town. I did get to see Brody run a bit (and man, can he run), but it was clear that he was getting sick and was not himself. Hopefully both of you will be feeling well and up to coming to Claremont when Becca and I are there in July.
You would never know that Brody officially joined nursery a few weeks ago!!! I love this post!!! I understand what you mean about being outside...I think it is suppose to rain the rest of the week...we need to find some indoor places to play!!! Oh and how do you get him to eat veggies?? My boys HATE them!!!
He's such a cute boy! Great post and it's so nice when your kids will eat their veggies!
He IS a great eater!! I don't think Tucker even eats half of what he eats, and Tucker is 21 months!! What a cute little guy he is!! I cracked up over the pic of him and his toes!! Too cute!!!
He is soo cute! And the few times I have seen him, he is all over the place running around! :) But, Zoombafoomba or whatever it is...wow. I only needed about 5 mintues of that one to know I thought it was strange! lOL. I am going to have to acquire some tolerance for weird kids shows before i have kids! :D
I love that he uses the electric razor of Johns!!!He is so handsome and has such a great smile. I know what you mean though, they get old so fast, what happened????
I can't believe he's 18 months now! Crazy how time flies. You were able to get a lot of cute pics of him.
I love the pic with him eating his toes! Too cute and funny! My oldest, Nathanael, was such a social butterfly, too (he still is!). He didn't care who was watching him, as long as they had toys and yummy snacks, he was good. Lucas on the other hand.... that kid is SUCH a mama's boy! It's cute, but most of the time drives me BONKERS!
Post a Comment