Sunday, July 20, 2008

Swimming Lessons

After we got back from our trip to Utah, we started a week of swimming lessons with a friend from the ward that teaches lessons. I thought for sure Brody was absolutely ready for this. I mean the kid LOVED the pool. He would try and jump out of your arms when you were holding him and jump in on his own from the steps. So, naturally we were ready for swimming lessons. Here is a video of him on his graduation day.

Yes, that is definitely him crying and hating every minute of it through to the end. At least the intensity of his cry lessened each day, which was good on all of our ears. He was the only one out of the group to still be crying up to the end. I am sure it was because he was almost a year younger the everyone too. I was happy, though, because through the crying he was definitely listening and improving most every day. Did you notice him calling out to me? I would have to hide so he couldn't see me or he wouldn't listen to her at all. Here is another video that I couldn't resist putting on here.

I am so happy we took those lessons. He has improved so much from that last day. He swims on his own much farther than before, jumps in and swims to you and, even swims to the edge and gets out himself. He loves the water so much. I can't even say the word "POOL" without him running to get his suit. That is how excited he gets. It is really fun to see that. So, needless to say, we have been spending many days at the pool and, being pregnant, who can complain about that!

5 comments:

Abby said...

Bethany does such a great job I know Noah is doing a million times better. Hopefuly we can get to the pool with everyone soon!!

Darci said...

When we were at the pool the last time it was awesome to see how he was swimming and getting to the edge of the pool, he did such a great job.

karin said...

I am so excited to see him swim in person tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I think you look way cute with the pink head-band. Fun vidios too.

Kris said...

That's fantastic! It's so important for kids to learn how to swim.