Sunday, August 10, 2008

4th of July

I can't believe that I am finally posting about the 4th. So embarrassing! Only a few more huge posts and I will be all caught up. We had a busy July and August so far, so keep checking back for new pictures.

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is something about BBQ, beach/swimming, homemade ice cream, fireworks, warm weather, and being with family that makes it so fun. This year, we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house for a little swimming and fireworks. John's brother Steven and his wife Becca were in town. We don't get to see them very often, so it was great to hang out.
Brody swam a ton, but then decided that throwing balls in the pool and having daddy get them was more fun."What! I have something on my face?"This is our favorite spot to watch the fireworks - on a field at the Claremont Colleges.
Family picture with Brody actually smiling.Brody goofing off
Caught in the act! He was helping himself to Uncle Doug's chips.
Brody's reaction when the fireworks started. He wasn't so sure about it at first, but then he warmed up and was oohing and ahhing at it all.

4 comments:

karin said...

Don't feel so bad, I just posted about the 4th not that long ago. At least Brody is in your family photo, in our latest we are missing 2 of our 3 kids.

Kris said...

What a cute little family you guys are. Sounds like you've had a great summer.

Abby said...

I love the fourth...I only wish I could have enjoyed it more this year!!

As for not posting it could be worse you could be SEVERELY addicted like me =)!!

Darci said...

LOL, I love that he didn't like the fireworks. Ditto to what Abby said, I am addicted too.