
We flew out to Arizona, a few weeks ago, for my brother Dennis and his wife Mataya's wedding. They were married in the Mesa Arizona temple on July 19th, 2008. The Sealer did a wonderful job and it was a beautiful wedding. Mataya looked gorgeous and Denny cleaned up pretty nice too. We are so excited to have Mataya in our family! They are a very cute couple! We are very glad we were able to celebrate their special day with them.
I cannot lie, it was very hot there! As soon as you walk outside, you break out in a sweat. Luckily, it was overcast that day and you didn't have to feel the sun beating down on you. I felt very sorry for all the men who had to wear suits and tuxes that day.
While we were in the temple, we had a family friend babysit both Brody and Brooklyn back at our hotel. The kids had so much fun with Brooke. Brody crashed in the afternoon and we had to wake him up right before we were headed out to the reception. I love this picture, he looks so peaceful!

Brooklyn getting ready with her curlers in her hair. Isn't she a cutie?

After a little In N Out, a nap, and another shower, we were ready for pictures. We were scheduled to do pictures later in the day right before the reception because of the heat. The reception was held at the Superstitious Springs Country Club. Beautiful place for a reception!
Cute picture of the happy couple.

The wedding party

Notice the guys short socks. Pretty funny.

Denny and his groomsmen.

My family. This was one from the photographer. She did a great job.

A decent family picture of us.


Wasn't their cake pretty? The three tiers in the center were fake and they cut into the single tier on the right that obviously was real. I missed seeing the cutting of the cake while taking care of Brody, but I heard Denny was not very kind to her at all. It was a nightmare keeping Brody away from the cupcakes, at least until pictures were over. I got very little support, and yes John I am talking about you! He did manage to get one and got green frosting on his shirt. I would have been much more upset if it didn't come out nicely.

My sister Lindsey and I

Brody in his little outfit. He looks so grown up to me here. It was impossible to keep his shirt tucked in. This is the only picture I have with it nicely tucked

Brooklyn ready in her cute dress

Brody and my dad. Brody loves his Grandpas and hung around him most of the night

There is a story behind this golf ball. I was keeping Brody distracted and I took him down to the golf shop and without me knowing he took a golf ball from a bucket full of them. We went upstairs quickly for our turn for pictures and then I noticed the golf ball that he stole. He loved that thing though and it kept him happy through all the pictures. Afterwards, I took him back down to explain to the guy and give it back to him. The guy could care less about it and let us keep it. Thank you golf shop guy for making our night so much happier!

Brody finally enjoying the cupcakes he longed for all night

Brody getting drunk of the punch. No just kidding, but he was a wildman all night

Brody and Brooklyn

A little dancing

My parents even got out there

Brody doing a little dancing himself

The end to a fun reception. They had us all hold sparklers as they walked down the steps to there car. It all looked very romantic at night.
9 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fabulous time!! Brody looks so handsome in his little outfit!! I love the golf ball story sounds like something my kids would do!
did you really expect any help with all those BYU football players around??? I know Jeff would have ditched me in 2.5 seconds.
Brody does look grown up and he is going to seem more grown up in a couple months. You look really good too, I guess John does too. Your family photos look great.
At my sister's reception, we sent the dad's back to my parents' house with the kids (which they were more than willing to do because a game was on- I think basketball) after a few photos were taken.
What a beautiful wedding! Your family pictures look great! Wow, I haven't seen anyone wear a short wedding dress in a very long time, but what a stylish wedding! Love the black and white with green accents! Fun fun Congrats to your family!
Cool wedding!! She is very modern with the non-traditional wedding dress and the neon green brides maids shoes. It looks awesome though. You look great Kelly. Brody is so cute. Weddings are tiring things for little ones.
I think Mataya looks like a nice addition to your family and fits in with her beautiful dark hair!! Congrats to your brother. Hopefully Mataya will help Dennis stayed focused on "The Quest" for this season. We already bought our shirts in preparation!!
That is the biggest wedding party ever!!! I love that family picture, it turned out awesome.
Awww!! I just love weddings!! You all look so pretty! My brother got married in July in Mesa too!! SO HOT!! With an OUTDOOR reception!! I know! What were they thinking!!!
I'm still in shock that Denny is old enough to be married. He still seems like a little 10 year old to me. It is so crazy how time flies! He and his wife make a beautiful couple. Looks like you guys had a great time! When I see pictures of your family it makes me really miss you guys. Ahhh I love the Pitta Family!!!
Hello huge wedding party! And I cannot believe Denny is old enough to be married!! (For that matter, I can't believe Linds is a mommy either!). Time flies! And he is one long drink of water! Tall guy. The pic's are all great, and Brody looks so totally cute in his outfit! Love it!
Kelly Pitta!! This is Lauren Davies (now Heal) from TO! I hope you don't mind me peeking around your blog. I found some random links on other friends blogs and there you were! Crazy!
Your family is gorgeous and how exciting that you're expecting a little girl! You look great! And what a beautiful wedding your brother had! I love his wife's dress. So darling!
So good to find you here and get an update. Here is a link to our blog. Feel free to stop in anytime! Tell Lindsey howdy from me... :)
Lauren
jandlheal.blogspot.com
Post a Comment