Towards the beginning of January, John's parents offered to take the kids overnight for us. We jumped at the chance for a little vacation, especially before John's busy season started. We talked about going to some fun little vacation spot close, like Vegas or Santa Barbara, but really didn't want to spend the money. We ended up sticking around here and doing all the things that we have been wanting to do for a while.

Once I dropped the kids off at John's parents house, I drove home, got ready and waited for John to get home from work. We then went and did a session at the Newport Beach Temple and then off to our favorite seafood restaurant, Scotts. Like always, we had another amazing meal and topped it off with their famous Creme Brulee.

We then thought it would be fun to go to a late night movie, but then opted against it to enjoy a well rested night by sleeping in until the light of day woke us up. The next morning we headed to Disneyland, which we have been dying to do with just the two of us for a while, and enjoyed most of the day riding all the big rides that we can't do with the kids. We felt like teenagers running through the park; it was so much fun.

The fun had to end sometime, so we left in the afternoon and headed back up to pick up the kids. Thanks to Lee and Aneta for taking the kids! We had so much fun!
3 comments:
I love vacations like that. I need one.
I showed Bryan the HMC that you put on FB, this time Austin was laughing with us.
How nice is that?! I need one and to preferably get out of this snow!!
The Newport Beach temple is gorgeous! I've never seen it before.
How fun! Don't you hate busy season? I can't wait for it to be over!!!
Post a Comment