Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Space Mountain!

We went back to Disney a few days later with my friend Angela and her girls. Piper and I had a lot of fun, but Brody was having a hard day. He had some major meltdowns when we tried to go on rides like Peter Pan and Pirates (I love those rides!). For the last ride of the day, we went over to Space Mountain. I was pretty sure Brody was going to refuse to go on it. So, as Angela was watching Piper, I took Brody with me to go see the "Spaceship ". I had him thinking that the whole time we waited in line. He was pretty excited until we saw the spaceship and everyone getting on the ride. I could tell he was pretty scared and I had to hold him through the rest of the line and physically fight him into the seat, at which point I hurried to put the bar down. He was not happy. I had my arm on him as best I could and he clung to it like crazy. I felt a little guilty making him go on it. After we got off the ride, I asked him if he like it and he said "no, I don't like that ride. It's scary." And then I asked him if he liked how fast it was and he said "no I like my space slow!" I laughed so hard when I heard that and going on it made it all worth it. I am pretty sure though that he will not be going on Space Mountain for a long while. Oh well, at least he made it on once. Way to go Brody!

Here we are after the ride. Brody was still a little shy and shaken up.
Then he warmed up and was showing off his Buzz Lightyear shirt.
Angela took her girls and they weren't afraid at all. Maybe someday Brody will like it too. While we waited for them, Brody played with the water ball.He was a lot happier :)Thanks for the great time Angela!

1 comment:

Larsens said...

I was just telling Jake the Brody Space Mountain story today. I like my space slow still makes me laugh out loud!
Im so excited Brody has brown eyes like Brookelyn(: Prince charming qualified!