Friday, June 4, 2010

Glee Concert and Pizzeria Mozza

For Mother's Day, John and the kids gave me tickets to the Glee Concert. Two weekends ago was the concert at Universal City Walk in LA. John's parents watched the kids for us during the day that Saturday. We had the best time; well, I did anyway. I have realized something about myself, that I am a 14 year-old girl in a 30 year-old body. I pretty much like what any 14 year-old likes. I enjoy Glee, Twilight series, Taylor Swift, Disney Channel preteen shows, and I even like Justin Bieber's hit, Baby. I am not ashamed and afraid to admit it. So, needless to say, I was pretty excited to see the show. And yes, I am a GLEEK! I thought, though, that we might actually be the oldest people there, but not so. There were lots of couples, old and young, along with teens, kids, and 20 year-olds. I didn't feel embarrassed to be there, but John might have.
The opening act was a group called Legion of Extraordinary Dancers (LXD) They were amazing! I would have paid tickets to just seem them. I have seen them on some talk show recently. I also googled them and, apparently, they are everywhere. They do mostly street/break dancing. I have always thought break dancing was so cool. Here is a bit of their show.

Then the Glee show started. They had Will Scheuster and Sue there via video as a part of the show. I love Sue - she is so funny and, well, Will. . . . . . :)
All the other part of the cast was there, and they opened with Don't Stop Believin'. Then it was this song that I can't remember the name of.

Here is Mercedes belting it out. All them were great singers and hit all the high notes. I was really impressed with them all.
Oh Puck! The crowd went crazy for this guy. They loved him so much.Brittany and Mike are the dancers in the front. Brittany is a great dancer. I didn't know until that night. I heard that she was one of Beyonce's dancers.The girls performing.
Rachel (Lea Michele) was so much better than I expected in concert. She is a very talented singer and was really belting it the whole time. In this video, she entered from the side and came through the audience singing. Always exciting. She is singing "Don't Rain On my Parade" by Barbara Streisand.

Vocal Adrenaline made an appearance too.
They went Gaga on us too. Great performance and loved seeing the costumes in person. We saw this before the show aired it. I felt special. :)

Here are the guys singing a little Jon Bon Jovi, for all you fans.

I think she was singing the Le Mis song here, but I can't remember. Either way it was really good.The crowd went crazy for both Finn and Artie too. I can understand Finn, but Artie? He is my least favorite in the show, right up there with Kurt.Madonna's "Like a Prayer". They did great with that song."True Colors" with Tina giving a solo.
Rachel's man Jesse (Jonathan Groff) from Vocal Adrenaline made an appearance at the end. It was after they ended and then came back out for more. My guess is that he didn't sign on to do the concerts, but since it was an LA concert and he was in town, he made an appearance. Rachel introduced him as her best friend. I guess they are close from working on the other play, Spring Awakening, together.

The real Finale
Covered in confetti.Saying goodbye. Tear, Tear :(After the concert, we were driving to get some dinner and almost were hit by a car that was going to fast on a turn and lost control. If he did hit us and Brody was in the car, then it would have been bad. Our hearts eventually calmed down and we made it to the restaurant. We went to Mario Batali's fairly new pizzeria, Pizzeria Mozza.
You have to make a reservation to get a table because it is such a small place. We tried to get one earlier in the week, but it was already booked for Saturday. So, we thought we would try and get in. We got there at the right time, because we only waited 5 minutes for a seat at the bar. It wasn't the alcoholic bar, luckily, but the bar that overlooked the guys making the pizza. They were awesome seats. We had a great dinner. I got some amazing salad to start with arugula, thinly sliced mushrooms, and slices of Parmesan with some amazing dressing, and then a pizza with mozzarella, prosciutto and arugula on top. It was really good. John's pizza had potatoes, mozzarella, cream sauce, and bacon and then once it was cooked, they pulled it out and cracked an egg on top. By the time it gets to you, the egg is cooked. John loved his too. I completely recommend this place if you are in LA. So GOOD!

It was such a fun day. For having to sit through it all, John said they put on a good show. He walked out pretty impressed they sounded so good too. Oh, thanks John! And big thanks to Aneta and Lee for watching the kids. They had so much fun while we were gone and when we got back Piper had to warm up to ME! Just glad to know they are good kids while we are away.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds amazing!!!! What an awesome concert! I hope to go to one someday!

Missy said...

Wow! That DOES sound like a great concert! And I LOVE LXD! So cool!

DarbyM said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm a total Gleek! I'll have to check and see if they ever are coming to Denver!

Larsens said...

Loved "Hello"! I was hoping John got the tickets for you and a "friend", but Im sure John wouldnt have wanted to miss Puck's performance. (hehe)
That pizza place sounds awesome!

Unknown said...

And that is why I LOVE YOU KELLY! I love that you are still young and will be till the day you die! I hope I am too! :D