Thursday, June 10, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Weekend was full of surprises and relaxation. That Saturday, John told me to get dressed nice and that we were going out. I love his surprises! I thought for sure it was dinner at our favorite place, Scott's, since we were driving that way, but no. As we passed the Orange County Performing Arts buildings I noticed a very large sign hanging on its building like the one above. I only hoped that it was where we were headed and, sure enough, it was. I have been wanting to see this show for SO long! We had talked about wanting to go see it, but I had no idea that he actually bought tickets back in January. We had great seats a few rows back and just to the left of the stage. The show was AMAZING! I was in awe of the elaborate costumes and the engineering of props was fascinating. That was probably the best part of the whole show for me and worth paying the money to go. The cast was great too. My favorite character was Rafiki. For those who can't remember, he was the old, wise mandrill that was kind of the narrator in the movie. For the Broadway show, they change the character into a female and gave her more of a role. The person who played her was outstanding. She sang the popular songs, Circle of Life and He Lives In You, and all the African cultural sounds and songs. I felt like I was really in Africa hanging with the locals. They added more songs to the show which were just ok, but he rest was great. I would completely recommend seeing if you have a chance. I was a bit bummed thought that I didn't bring my camera and at least take a picture of John and I. Oh well.

One Monday, we hung out and played at Grandma and Papa Brown's house with Tyler, Kristi and kids. As always, we had a lot of fun eating a good BBQ and swimming. Here is the kids table.
Brody and Piper enjoying the hotdogs.
Caught mid smile and mid bite.
After we ate, it was into the pool. The water was freezing, but the kids didn't seem to mind, especially Piper who jumped right in. This girl loves the water!Brody braved the slide and went at his usual snail pace due to his water shoes.Look at those freckles! He has definitely been in the sun the last 2 weeks.
Goofball Central
With all this fun, we didn't forget the importance of the day and all those who have died in the service of this country. We remember you and thank you.

No comments: