Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bittersweet

Last month marked the end of my almost 4 years as 1st counselor in the Primary at our church. It was definitely bittersweet. I was very relieved that I didn't have to write and organize another Primary program that month with the craziness this summer has brought. I was also overwhelmingly sad that I would no longer see each of these beautiful children's faces that I have grown to love each Sunday. I LOVE Primary and think it is the BEST calling in the church by far. It is so fun in there; you get to sing songs, be silly, and play games. Who doesn't love that? The kids don't care if you mess up or how you say it. I think what I loved most was seeing the kids learn, understand, and see their testimonies growing. I loved that Brody was in there with me for his first year and I could see him excited to be a part of it all and seeing him learning. I love that his favorite song is "Follow the Prophet" that he has learned this year and that he has taught it to Piper too. That makes me smile.

It wasn't always easy with a such a large group of kids (95 active kids) and a lot of the time we walked away going, "what just happened?" There was a lot of craziness, but so many times I would sit there and either they would be singing or whatever else and I felt like the heavens were going to open up. It felt so pure and filled with so much love. It was the best feeling. :)

I had the best Presidency to work with and my President Sally taught me more of what a leader should be than she will ever know. She was the epitome of Christlike love for everyone around her. I am really going to miss them. We already made a pact that if we all get called to something else that we are making sure we are all together working again. It makes life so much easier when everyone everyone works well together.

The last Sunday we were there, the new presidency presented us with these darling flower pots with bugs and flowers of each class and all the kids names. It was so sweet and touching. I loved that the flower pot was really a salad bowl with tongs. Such a cute idea!

No comments: