Sunday, August 29, 2010

Brody's Stats

I took Brody to his 4-year appointment just after his birthday. He got all of his kindergarten shots that he will need for preschool this year and he did great. Not one tear was shed or even a flinch. He took it like a man. All he said after was, "Stickers!?!" with a big smile on face. This kid loves going to the doctor for the sole purpose of getting to pick out stickers. This time he got to pick from the treasure chest too and he was ecstatic.

The nurse also checked his height and weight and just as we suspected, he has stayed on the same growth curve since he was a newborn. Here are his stats for those wanting to know.

Height: 49 lbs (100%)
Weight: 44 in. (100%)

Did we ever doubt it? It seems like this kid is always growing, has a very large appetite and wakes up through the night complaining about his legs hurting (growing pains). Poor guy! He is a lot like me when it comes to growing. I was always constantly growing and the tallest in my classes. I don't remember the growing pains though, but I am sure I had them.

Since he is large in stature and the size of a 5 year old, he is wearing boys 5/6 (xsm or sm) shirts and 4/5 (xsm) shorts/pants. I have been noticing too that, depending on where you shop, prices are considerably higher once you enter the boys sizes than the toddler. Boo hoo for us :( My favorite brand for him right now that is super-affordable is Shaun White's line from Target. They are cool, well made clothes for cheaper prices. Good thing Brody loves them too, since right now he is in the "I will pick out my own clothes with no help from you Mom" stage. So, I am telling you right now, if you see him in a orange pumpkin shirt with red exercise shorts, I did not pick them out. I take no credit for his clothing choices. It takes a lot of coxing and fighting to get him to put on something that at least matches. Oh, why is a mother's job so exhausting?!?

Aside from his wardrobe, he a pretty good kid. He surprises me by being helpful at times and I really try to let him know how happy I am by being overly excited. It usually makes him pretty shocked that it produced that kind of reaction and then he gets pretty happy with himself. You think that would get him to do it more. Oh well, I will take what I can get.

On another note, he loves his bike that he got from his birthday. It took a little bit of practicing how to stop with the peddle and not his shoe, but after the got the hang of it he was off. Here he is practicing in the parking lot of our complex.

"Brody lets take a picture of you."
"Alright!"
And he's off!

No comments: