Monday, November 22, 2010

Disneyland With Daddy

John took a day off the week of his birthday and we all went to Disneyland! It was a perfect day to be there since no one was there! With it being the week before Halloween and Disneyland doing their Halloween parties at night, not many people were there during the day. We walked on to almost every ride. I'll have to remember that for next year. We ended up staying all day instead of just the morning we had planned because it was such an easy day.

So, first we went over to California Adventure to ride the Toy Story ride, which the kids usually always have to do. Since we were there when the park first opened, it was a race with the other park goers to get there first. Our stroller, of course, held us up, but we managed to get a good spot in line without much wait.

After Toy Story, John jumped in line just before they opened Screamin' . The kids loved seeing him on the track just before he was launched forward at the speed of light. As we waited for John to be done, we watched all the other people on the ride. They were lots of kids riding and he would point them out every time. I think Brody was a little worried he would be forced to ride it. Not yet Brody, but you just wait!
Next up was the Monsters Inc. ride. When we got out Sully was out taking pictures. Piper was very excited and wanted to take a picture with him. So we waited in line while John and Brody went on the bear log ride that Brody insisted on riding. They got soaked and it was still kind of cool outside, so I am glad I didn't join them. Brody had tons of fun, which made it all worth it. Piper, on the other hand, was very excited the whole time we waited in line, but as soon as I passed my camera to the lady and walked over to Sully, she went ballistic, clinging her little body to me as tight as possible and moving as far away from him as she could. Everyone around had a good laugh. At least she can match Brody's hysterics in meeting Disney characters when he was this age.We met up again and then took a picture with Mater and "Kachow". It was just one of the things we have never done before.We stopped and got a little treat.and sat around being a little silly.The soon to be birthday boy! Love this guy! Thanks for the fun day babe!
We continued our day over at Disneyland, and for some reason I didn't take any pictures. Some highlights:

-Going on the Haunted Mansion ride and seeing Jack, Sally, and Zero.
-Trying to go on Pirates of the Caribbean, only to have Brody cry hysterically and scream he didn't want to go on. Piper and I rode it while boys stayed behind.
-Being excited that Brody was tall enough to go on Indiana Jones, John waiting in line with him, and then not being let on just before they were to get on the ride because Brody literally had a millimeter space between him and the wooden post. Maybe next time. . . .

We stayed until it was the kids bedtime. It was one of those fun relaxing days that I wish I always had. Now we can't wait to go back and see all the Christmas decor!

No comments: