Sunday, August 21, 2011
Kate's Blessing
In the middle of July, John's brother Tyler blessed their baby in their ward. We went up for the blessing and to hang with the family that day. Their ward meets in the afternoon, like ours does, so it wasn't a big deal. What made it hard was the fact they have the reverse church schedule. So, their sacrament meeting is last. I realized how grateful I was of our times, as it was much harder getting little ones to stay quiet while they were a lot hungrier and a lot more tired then they normally would be. The blessing was beautiful, though, and Tyler did a great job. Afterwards, we took pictures and managed to get a picture of us too. Both children were not too happy about that though. Oh well, I guess you keep trying until you get a good one.
Then we went over to Lee and Aneta's for dinner and relaxed in the backyard. Brody achieved one of his milestones that day too. He finally learned how to swing on his own. This was huge! After many failed teaching attempts, it finally clicked. It must have been the smaller swing that makes it easier to learn than the big ones at the park. Either way, I am beyond excited as that is one less child I have to push and one less shoulder in pain. Hmm, if only Piper could learn now. . . . . .
This is her "Please swing me Mommy" look. This girl can swing for an hour straight and still be mad that you stopped pushing. I know some day I'll miss when they don't need/want me to do things for them anymore, but until then it's tiring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment