Sunday, August 21, 2011

Moorpark Fun

Last month, the kids and I took a day trip up to my sister's house in Camarillo. It was my nephew Easton's birthday the next day, so we brought him his gift. What does a two year old boy love? Trains and cars. So, on one of my Target clearance finds, I found him a great Thomas track, train and carrier. He seemed pretty happy about it, so that was good.

The kids played awhile, while Lindsey and I caught up on life. Then we took them outside to ride bikes and scooters. Once they were tired and hungry, we loaded them up in the cars and drove to Moorpark to have dinner and meet our long-time friend Nicki. We took the kids to eat at, where else, McDonalds, the only place my kids want to go. The boys were very excited about their mini-Star Wars lightsabers and the girls were thrilled with their Strawberry Shortcakes dolls from the Happy Meals. After the kids loaded up on their food, we meet up with Nicki, grabbed some In N Out for ourselves and went to a local park to have the kids play while we ate and chatted. It was great seeing our friend Nicki, who we hadn't seen in the last few years. It was just like old times catching up and I loved that.

After what seemed like a short amount of time, it was dark and it was time to head home. We had a bit of an accident as Brody was trying to help me move Piper's car seat and dropped it on his big toe. He screamed and screamed and screamed. It took a lot to calm him down and get the kids ready for bed. It was a hard drive home for him as he tried to sleep and I am sure it was throbbing. It was pretty bad and turned his whole big toe blue. Now it is on the verge of falling off. Pretty gross huh?

It was still a good day though. The kids had so much fun together and already miss our time away. It makes us so happy that we have our Bell cousins so close that can visit when we want. More fun times to come, I'm sure.

No comments: