Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Trip To Disney

I had been a little scared to go to Disneyland all by myself (meaning, without John) with the kids. My friend Lisa finally convinced me that it was definitely doable, we would have a great time, and she would be there to help me. So, we went last week and it turned out she was right. We had a great time with her and her son, Gavin. Brody actually held hands with everyone and walked like a normal child instead of running off. Piper was, once again, fantastic and the weather was even better. The only problem we had was forgetting my new annual pass and only having my old one. After a moment of panic, I learned that every passholder is granted a one-time courtesy pass per year in case you forget your pass. Whew! I was not about to take everyone home. I might not have ever come back after that. Not really, but it would have taken me a little longer to have the desire to do it again. Now, I can't wait to go back as long as Lisa can come with me, that is. :)

Brody has always wanted to admire the characters from afar and never get to close. Some of you might remember this classic picture of him bursting into tears when we took a picture with Mickey.
Now almost a year later, he is actually posing with them. I think he was only brave enough to go because Gavin was so excited to.
Gavin waving hiBrody wanting the camera. He loves taking pictures these days (more on that to come).Brody and Piper posing together.

5 comments:

Darci said...

I am glad that you went, you can't live without Disneyland.

Allen Family said...

I just experienced the same thing with leaving my pass at home. I had no idea they give you a one time "voucher." I was so so happy to find that out. Hopefully I won't forget it again though. You are brave going to Disneyland with 2 kids! Justin is way too wild for me to go without a Grandma or hubby. We should meet up at Disneyland sometime soon. It would be fun to see you and meet the kiddies!

karin said...

I need to go with Lisa. I think we need to have another just girls night and you have to come this time.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Good for you for getting your feet wet with two kids in the real world. If you can conquer Disneyland with two, you can do anything. Good job.

DarbyM said...

Way to go! She is just too too cute.