Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Eve

After Piper's blessing, my parents stayed and celebrated Christmas with us. We had lots of fun enjoying the Christmas sights at the mall (to escape the rain), spending a day at Balboa Island in Newport Beach, and watching football. It was so nice to have them here and also for them to spend more time with Brody.

We had a great Christmas Eve too. We first enjoyed a delicious meal of ham and potatoes and then opened presents. This is a big tradition on my side of the family by doing most everything on Christmas Eve. We have a big dinner and then open all family gifts. Santa's gifts were always done the next morning like everyone else.

Brody walked away with the most that night.

Whenever Brody was opening presents filled with clothes, he would tear open the box, and throw the clothes over his shoulder like they were tissue paper. I think he thought that there had to be toys in there somewhere. It was really funny to watch.Mom and Dad with the kids. I think they were both a little tired by the end of the night. What classic picture :)Posing with their newest granddaughter.Piper's first Christmas. My friend Charise gave her this darling little Christmas outfit. By the way, please ignore our sadly decorated tree. Brody has a fascination with playing and breaking our ornaments. By the time Christmas actually came along, I didn't care what it looked like.Possibly the best part of the night was John's surprise gifts to my mom and I. We got SHAMWOW's!!! I haven't used it yet, so I am not sure how well it works, but the infomerical completely sold me over. Great job John! Dad, it reminded me of your crazy surprise gifts every year to us :).

3 comments:

Camille said...

Okay, you look WAAAAY too good for just having had a baby like a month before!!!! Now I'm curious... what is a SHAMWOW? Maybe I need to be sold on it too!!! Glad you had a nice Christmas!!!

Kelly said...

Camille, you are too kind! Thank you. So, I guess you are not up late at night like me. A Shamwow is a shammy that is used for spills, drying off your car, and even dusting. The infomercial is amazing. They dump a bottle of coke on the carpet and it easily sucks up the liquid leaving the carpet dry. Our local mall was selling them at a kiosk for 2 packs for $20. I will let you know if it actually works.

Unknown said...

:D Let me know how the Shamwows work! Those infomercials are so funny! Looks like a good first Christmas for Piper!