Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BYU vs UCI Mens Volleyball Game

Back in January, the BYU Men's Volleyball team came down to Irvine and played UCI's team.  Our neighbors and friends, the Brewsters, invited us to come to the game.  BYU fans were able to get in free with some vouchers they were emailing out, so it was a fun free night.  Poor John was supposed to meet us from work, but his day turned bad, so he wasn't able to come. Brody had a fun time sitting next to his friend Avery and showing off for her.  Not sure what this look is.
BYU and UCI are the top ranked schools, so it was a great game to attend, almost like a championship game!  There were tons of friends that we saw from our stake and and so many BYU fans that if felt like you were watching from the Smith Fieldhouse instead.  I kept thinking back on all the fun that I had going to the home games 10+ years ago and remembering how many of the players I used to know.  I felt very old being at this game though.  They all looked so young and I didn't recognize one player now.  Sigh. . .
Piper was a very good girl and pretty much sat on my lap the whole time.
She wasn't too happy taking a picture with me.
BYU won all 3 games, but it was close there all the way to the end of each game, which made it that much more exciting.
It was a fun night out, so thank you Lindsey and Ben for the invite!

No comments: