Saturday, May 23, 2009

Piper's 1st Feeding

Last month, I started Piper on rice cereal. She was almost 5 months old at the time. With Brody, I started right at 4 months and he was loving it more or less from the start. With Piper, time flew by and since she wasn't demanding any more food, I kept putting it off. She wasn't so sure about it in the beginning, but did pretty good throughout the week. Then she got sick, I stopped it, and when we started back up she cried, cried, and cried and refused to take it. I thought for sure that was it and she would never end up liking it. I had always assumed that this would be the hardest transition for her since she refuses all bottles and only wants to nurse, but I guess I was wrong. It wasn't until lately that she has started to love it and eats it up in no time. Here is some pictures of her first experience with it.

All smiles before tasting it.
"Not so bad"Brody, John and I are all surrounding her trying to get her excited about it in this video.
Great commentary from all of us.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love the video of her eating! I love when they start eating and they really dont know what to do with their mouth, so cute!