Monday, May 31, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend Part 2

Sunday morning, John was so sweet to let me sleep in a bit and make a delicious breakfast. The kids and he gave me the newest 'Glee' CD, which has been my love at the moment. Then we hurried and got ready and were off to go to church and spend the day celebrating with John's family.

I feel so blessed to have been raised by such a wonderful, loving mom. She has always been there for us helping us along the way. She is smart, hard-working, an excellent homemaker and cook, has an eye for great design, is frugal, very generous and selfless, honest, and not afraid to do things herself. These are just a few of what I admire and try to emulate from her. Love you MOM!

Now that I have two beautiful children, I appreciate how hard motherhood can be at times. I always worry if I am doing the right thing and being consistent and in disciplining and teaching them, or if my kids are getting what is needed to stay healthy. I know the worry will never go away, but as long as I do my best I think they will grow up to be good kids. I am just trying to enjoy every minute of how they are now, because I am so going to miss Piper's little kisses and hugs and the way she says "Mommy" in her quiet, sweet, high pitched tone. Then there is Brody, who just gets so excited to show me or tell me the things he has seen and heard around him and he has this wonderfully contagious laugh that is so full of happiness. I love being a mom and am so lucky I have these little ones and can raise them with such a wonderful, helpful, loving husband. We are surrounded by great moms, grandmothers, aunts, and friends that are amazing examples to me and my family. It is a wonderful time to remember how special these women are to all of us.
Since they had a picture with me, it was time for a picture with daddy of course. :)
Enjoying my day. The guys made dinner for us and even cleaned up! It was great.Then we all sat and watched documentary about fighter pilots. Probably not a Mother's Day choice of show, but when you have 4 little boys that stay still and quiet for as long as they did, it was heaven.
I did forget one piece of news from my day as did John when he tried to hide it from me as long as he could. I got another gift from him and the kids. . . . . . . . . . . . . .GLEE concert tickets!!!!!! I was SO excited! Can you tell? So, the concert was two weekends ago, so more on that to come, but lets just say that it was so fun!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

No comments: