Saturday, November 21, 2009

John's Birthday Celebration

John's birthday is the end of October and, since it fell on a Thursday this year, it turned into a 4-day weekend celebration. On Thursday, John worked all day and I needed to help with a Pack Meeting, so it wasn't that fun of a day. I did make a great dinner that night of Chicken Cordon bleu, twiced baked potatoes, and broccoli. All of John's favorites. He has wanted me to make cordon bleu for while, but I hate swiss cheese, so it never sounded good to me. Selfish, I know. Actually, it turned out really good and the whole family loved it. Who knew I liked melted swiss cheese?

Because of the busy day, I didn't end up making a cake and decided to do it the next day instead. It was so easy to do since John prefers no frosting. Not my choice, but definitely more low cal which is nice.
Brody loved helping blow out the candles. These pictures were actually taken on Saturday (Halloween). The kids never got to sing happy birthday and have cake the night before, hence the partially eaten cake.
Love my family. Happy 32nd Birthday John!

No comments: