The next day, all of us were invited to Hal and Peggy's house for a family Easter party with their family and some friends from our ward. I was all set to go, dessert done and all, but since I got the flu, the family went without me as I lay dying at home. John took some good pictures and loved sending me some showing me how much fun they were having. They got to dye eggs. . . .
. . .and play the egg on the spoon game. Apparently, our kids did really well.
They also played the Easter version of the duck duck goose game.
Piper's turn.
Run Piper run, Ammon's going to get you!
Brody's turn.
They have a great backyard and have lots of things for the grandkids to play with. I'm sure it was pretty hard to find all those eggs with a yard like that.
Looks like Piper was happy to find some.
Grandma Peggy, as our kids started calling her, has a tradition in their family where they have certain eggs that are special where you can get prizes from her if you find them. Brody found one and picked out a squirt gun.
After all this fun, the kids went swimming. I forgot to tell John to take swim suits, so the kids made due with what they had. Neither one seemed to care.
Thankfully, they had an extra float suit, so Piper didn't walk around the whole time indecent.
After they came home, the kids were still dying to dye our own eggs.
I'm glad they had so much fun all thanks to the Nelson's for hosting it and having us over. It sure helped me to get better soon and rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment